Firefox Startup Performance – Feb 5, 2010Posted: February 6, 2010
Nothing major to report. Some of the big projects are in the final stretch, which is great to see.
- Static build: Joel’s in cleanup phase, making sure the mobile tinderboxes build with the changes. Core patch is waiting on first review from Ted.
- Ben’s fastload cache replacement is waiting on first-review from Ben Smedberg.
- Zach has more data on the effect of the CSS parser optimizations he’s been working on.
- Asaf put up an experimental patch for making the bookmarks toolbar all JS, no XBL.
Related work I did this week:
- Started updating the Performance Snapshot. Fixing a couple of bugs and making the percentages relative to the 3.6 branch.
- Spent some time poking at the graph server. It’s got serious performance problems, and is lacking a few features that’d make it immensely useful, instead of only somewhat useful. It just needs a little love, that’s all.
- Landed bug 506471, moving FUEL out of the startup path.